Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Hills Energy
I remember complaining many years ago about the monthly customer charge Black Hills Energy tacks onto everyone's gas bill, whether you use any gas or not. You have to pay for the privilege of being a gas customer! In my town, there is only one gas company, so Black Hills Energy has a monopoly here. You will pay for the privilege of being a customer, or you won't get any gas to heat your home.

Last winter, I didn't get any gas to heat my home. Just to turn my gas back on at the meter, Black Hills Energy wanted to charge me a $36 fee. But it gets worse. They also wanted to charge me the customerfee of nearly $12 per month for the 10 prior months when I had not been a customer!

So the total extortion fee just to start up my gas service was over $150! I refused to pay, so I went through the Colorado winter without any gas heat.

Yes, it was cold, as cold as the monopolistic business practices of Black Hills Energy.
It's not that we can't handle the truth.  It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.